Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A class act!!!

I am subscribed to iwanted2c1video. I love listening to her talk and describe how to apply make up. Besides the fact that she is talented.

Recently, I saw this video she made in gratitude for her favorite make up guru, Petrilude

I was so impressed by the fact that she admired him so much and made an effort to credit him and make a video thanking him for his work. You don't know how much I admire that in people. She could have easily taken his ideas, or have been inspired by his work, made them her own and credited them as her own. But no, she took the high road.

I think she will be another rising star on you tube because of this. Currently, she has over 23k subscribers and I know it's because her ideas and creativity are ORIGINAL. And when she copies or is inspired, she gives credit. I LOVE IT!!!!






UPDATE:
After commenting on the video, PETRILUDE himself, responded to my comment ZOMGOT!
This just proves, we gurus love to receive the credit. It's like a reward for all of our hard work.

You know what I think is great? Is that you admit to copying him and you give him credit. Also, that you copy him, but have your own stuff too. I am gonna blog about this video today. Thanks for the inspiration.

Iris on You Tube.
petrilude (3 hours ago)
+7
ilovegerardo: Not only that she gives credit (like a lot of youtubers don't do), she takes the original and adds to it making it even better.

2 comments:

s. said...

That is SO COOL Iris! I love her videos too. It's great to see a lot of good support on youtube as well. :) You guys are all so awesome.

jewlover2 said...

So glad you mentioned her...she is GREAT! Thanks, Iris. :)

Ashley

What I do

I make hair tutorials on YouTube. But I created this blog to connect with my fellow writers/bloggers. I've also created a myspace account, but I don't like the format for blogging. I'd rather blog here. As far as something to note about me: I rarely have will power when it comes to dieting. I'd rather eat what I want, but in moderation. I like girly stuff, but I don't like doing my own hair. I rarely do my own hair, so if you saw me in the street, you'd probably not recognize me. But if you ever saw me, I would love it if you came to say hi. Thanks for reading my blogs.