I get this question in almost every video I make. I have answered it in 2 videos (posted below)I wanted to write a blog about it too.
I know you gals see me using heat products in my videos, but believe you me, I don't use them every day. I mainly use them for when I go out somewhere special or for when I make a video demo for you all. Here is some more information on how I keep my hair healthy.
1) I make sure that I eat what I am supposed to eat and stay away from what I shouldn't. Basically, staying away from anything that has been created by a factory.
I do eat veggies, fish, chicken, fruits, natural grains, water, milk. Try to stay away from chips, fast food, soda, sugar filled drinks etc..All the natural foods, have the right nutrients for your skin, nails and hair.
2) Get good rest. I sleep at least 8 hours a day. Some nights, you will catch me up at 12-1 am. This is not good for you at all. Go to bed at the same time every day. Sleep helps the body to recover over all. It is really good for your skin and hair too.
3) Exercise! Hair loss can be triggered by stress. Stress can be reduced by exercising. Get in a 30 minute brisk walk, every day-Yes even on the weekends.
4) Again, stay away from heat products as much as possible. Here's a look you WILL catch me with if you see me in the street, unless I've been somewhere special: I wash my hair and while it's wet, I run a small drop of baby oil or non-fragrant lotion through my hair. I put it in a loose braid as it air-dries (on my way to work or whatever) When I get to where I am going, I release my hair and pin it where needed with bobby pins.
5) Unless you really need to, don't wash your hair every day. The day you don't wash your hair, take a brush and brush the natural oils in your hair down, as close to the tip of your hair as possible.
6) Get your hair trimmed at least every 4-6 weeks. Trim off about 1/2 inch.
7) Don't pull on your hair when you are de-tangling it. Be gentle and start from the bottom up.
8) Don't dye your hair light so often. This includes highlights and going any lighter shade.
So, those are the things, I can quickly think of.
Here are some videos I made a while back. The sound quality is not so great because I had a noisy PC once upon a time.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
How I keep my hair healthy
What I do
I make hair tutorials on YouTube. But I created this blog to connect with my fellow writers/bloggers. I've also created a myspace account, but I don't like the format for blogging. I'd rather blog here. As far as something to note about me: I rarely have will power when it comes to dieting. I'd rather eat what I want, but in moderation. I like girly stuff, but I don't like doing my own hair. I rarely do my own hair, so if you saw me in the street, you'd probably not recognize me. But if you ever saw me, I would love it if you came to say hi. Thanks for reading my blogs.