Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just made this easy breakfast

Hubby is sleeping in today, so I have a lot of extra time to whip something up, while I clean around the house.


Preheated the oven to 350º F

I used Louis Rich Turkey bacon.


But you can use any kind of bacon you like.

I cut up about 4 strips of bacon and put them on the bottom of an oven safe casserole dish:


Sprinkled some shredded cheese on top of the bacon




In a mixing dish, I beat 4 eggs and 1/2 c of milk. You can use any kind of milk you prefer: half and half, skim, whole etc...


We had some left over hash browns, so I threw those in there. You can choose to add onions, tomatoes...whatever tickles your fancy




Season to taste. I added salt and pepper


Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and cheese


Bake for 30 minutes


and walk away....

Come back 30 minutes later to this!

6 comments:

jewlover2 said...

YUM! Great idea. I do a similar dish using sausage mixed w/ the egg and a crispy crust composed of cream cheese, butter, and flower. Delicious!

HektikLyfe said...

I miss your old YouTube blogs like these.

Amanda Awesome said...

Good God that looks amazing!
I guess it doesn't help that I skipped breakfast this morning, :(

Iris said...

jewlover2 -I think your ingredients would have given it more flavor. Unfortunately, my hubby is lactose intolerant and I have to be careful not to add too many ingredients that contain lactose!!!!!! BUT YUMMY

HL-I miss doing them. I didn't have a camera to use that morning. Plus, I am backed up in video editing at the time ;)

Amanda-Buy a weeks worth of breakfast stuff and keep them at work. Assuming you are not a student???

*~kAy~* said...

yum!!

La Vida De Jenny! said...

That looks soo good! I can't wait to try it:)

What I do

I make hair tutorials on YouTube. But I created this blog to connect with my fellow writers/bloggers. I've also created a myspace account, but I don't like the format for blogging. I'd rather blog here. As far as something to note about me: I rarely have will power when it comes to dieting. I'd rather eat what I want, but in moderation. I like girly stuff, but I don't like doing my own hair. I rarely do my own hair, so if you saw me in the street, you'd probably not recognize me. But if you ever saw me, I would love it if you came to say hi. Thanks for reading my blogs.