Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lip care

I've noticed that as I've become older, now that I am into my early 30s, my lips are also looking older.
Here's a picture of me when I was about 16

My lips, although they are covered in 1990's lipstick (LOL) were very plump.





I've noticed that they CAN look like they did when I was 16, if I do these things:





1) Drink plenty of water (about 3 liters a day,)


2) Use Vaseline on my lips every night before going to bed,


3) Use a chapstick with SPF sun protectant, daily.


4) Days when I don't have time to reapply lipstick all day, I keep a chapstick or gloss in my pocket and apply it every few hours.


5) I don't lick my lips!


6) Occasionally, I use a lip plumper.


7) I also exfoliate my lips with warm water and a tooth brush.





Smoking doesn't help the look of lips either. I don't smoke.




Here are some videos of my favorite lip products


What do you do to care for your lips?

9 comments:

HiFashion said...

I swear by Carmex lip balm! xx Leia

Anonymous said...

This has little to do with the post, but I thought you were much younger, like early 20's. Take this as a compliment =) You look amazing, and the lip care tips is great.

Iris said...

HiFashion-Leia, Where do you get that lip balm?

Bettie Booh-Thank you. I do feel a lot younger than I am too :)

jewlover2 said...

Carmex is a drugstore brand, Iris. You can get it at walgreens/wal mart etc. I use Burt's Bees Lip Balm. I swear by it! I also exfoliate my lips often and don't like them.

Isnt it amazing that LL Cool J has managed to maintain his plump lips in spite of that particular habit? ;-)

SoCalWendie said...

I am a slave to Big Chapstick ....Not Big Oil or Big Tabacco...Big Chapstick. It's the one thing I can't get through my day without!
I love your lipstick in that pic by the way,,looks like we loved the same color in the 90's

HiFashion said...

Hi Iris, sorry didn't see your question earlier! I live in London and it's available in all the pharmacies there. It comes in a little yellow tub. If you can't find any, let me know and I'll send you some! :) Seriously, it's the best thing I've ever found for dry lips.
xx Leia

HektikLyfe said...

Oh man I did NOT expect LL to be brought up in this blog! XD

I hate it when he does that. For some reason it makes me think he smells like arse for doing that all day.

*~kAy~* said...

Interesting..
was curious about what happens when you lick your lips though..

Anonymous said...

Rub olive oil on them - then put a kitchen paper towel between your lips and move it from side to side - result supersoft lips!

What I do

I make hair tutorials on YouTube. But I created this blog to connect with my fellow writers/bloggers. I've also created a myspace account, but I don't like the format for blogging. I'd rather blog here. As far as something to note about me: I rarely have will power when it comes to dieting. I'd rather eat what I want, but in moderation. I like girly stuff, but I don't like doing my own hair. I rarely do my own hair, so if you saw me in the street, you'd probably not recognize me. But if you ever saw me, I would love it if you came to say hi. Thanks for reading my blogs.